Wireless Starter Pack
This JeeLabs Wireless Starter Pack has everything you need to get started with your own 3-node Wireless Sensor Network.
Two nodes are pre-assembled and pre-loaded with demo software so you can be up and running in no time. The third node is a JeeNode Kit, which only requires basic soldering skills to assemble (all through-hole parts, no SMD).
Here’s what’s included in this starter pack:
3 Wireless Nodes, all compatible with the Arduino IDE:
- 1x JeeLink Classic – a USB stick which plugs into a PC (Windows / Mac / Linux), for use as central node
- 1x JeeNode USB – a sensor node with 4 general-purpose I/O ports and a mini-USB connector
- 1x JeeNode Kit – a multi-purpose low-cost DIY remote sensor node, with those same 4 I/O ports
- 1x Room Board kit – combines a motion detector with three sensors for light, temperature, and humidity
- several other types of “Jee Plug” sensors are available in the shop, depending on what you’re after
- 1x Mini breadboard – lets you hook up components, IC’s, and wires for… whatever you want to experiment with!
- 1x Wire Jumper pack – 50 wire jumpers to quickly try out all sorts of hook-ups using the mini-breadboard
- 1x Extension Cables – a set of 5 extension cables to help connect all the pieces together
- 1x Plug Header pack – 20 extra 6-pin connectors, so that everything can be re-used over and over again
- 1x USB-BUB – use this to connect / debug / re-program any number of (non-USB) JeeNodes
- 1x Battery Holder – a 3x AA battery holder to run the JeeNode off battery power, i.e. “untethered”
- 1x Blink Plug Kit - Want some blinking LEDs? Like to push a few buttons? Well, here ya’ go!
Only the Room Board is included as mulit-sensor in this starter pack, because it’s probably the most interesting one, and because everyone has their own ideas about what else to attach to these JeeNodes. If you are following the Dive Into JeeNodes (DIJN) tutorial series, do not solder in the LDR yet, it is needed to plug right into a header as explained there.
There are over a dozen other “Add-ons” you can use with these nodes. Or hook up your own sensors, lights, displays, actuators, motors … figuring out what’s available and how to get it going can be a lot of fun!
The total sales value of the above components when ordered separately is over €169.50 – and by choosing this starter pack, you’ll also get the following extras for free:
- 1x LCD Plug w/ Display – a back-lit 2×16 LCD display which can be attached to any JeeNode port
- 1x Jee Plug pack – a set of 5 boards and headers, to solder small components, adapters, etc.
- 1x Proto Board – a small daughterboard for prototyping, which fits on top of either of the JeeNodes
Note: this starter pack requires some basic soldering skills to assemble the JeeNode Kit, the Room Board kit, the Blink Plug, and some pin headers. But even before soldering anything, you can try out the wireless connection, uploading, and interfacing to some of the electrical components included in this pack: LED’s, push buttons, an LDR light sensor, and a PIR motion detector. Check out the Dive Into JeeNodes (DJIN) tutorial for the first steps along this path. True Plug-and-Play!